East Coast Depression Treatment
Depression is a mental illness that can influence all aspects of your life. Most often, this condition isn’t something you can move past easily. If you are battling against depression, you have a right to qualified mental health services. The Counseling Center is pleased to offer extensive depression treatment for adolescents and adults. Reach out to 866-850-5001 now and our therapists will help you control your depression so you are able to enjoy your life again.
What Defines “Depression”?
Depression is a prevalent but severe mood disorder. Like a range of other mental disorders, you might find yourself somewhere along a range, from minor depressive disorder to clinical depression. The majority of individuals with depression have continuous feelings of sadness and loneliness for a extended length of time. These feelings affect your every-day thoughts, behavior, and even your physical state. Depression can interfere with various facets of life, making it challenging to do normal everyday activities. You may even question if life is worth the effort when you struggle with depression every day.
You might experience depression symptoms differently than other individuals with the disorder. If you experience any of these symptoms for the better part of the day, almost daily, you may have depression:
- Feelings of hopelessness, sadness, and joylessness
- Loss of interest in activities that were enjoyable to you at one time
- Feeling angry, irritable, or easily aggravated over insignificant things
- Anxiousness or restlessness
- Feelings of worthlessness or guilt
- Focusing on and placing blame on yourself for past mistakes, failures, and embarrassments
- Lack of sleep, insomnia, or sleeping too much
- Loss of appetite or overeating
- Treating yourself with habit-forming drugs
- Unexplained physical pain or discomfort
- Lack of energy or fatigue for even little undertakings
- Trouble paying attention, remembering things, or making a decision
- Frequent or repeated thoughts about suicide or death
- Trying to commit suicide
The Counseling Center blends evidence-based treatment with custom-tailored support to confront the core causes of depression. We are ready to support you right away and can get you in for an initial assessment without delay. To begin taking back control of your life, call 866-850-5001 now to find out how we are able to help you at our depression treatment center.
What Is The Counseling Center’s Approach To Treating Depression?
Although there’s no cure for depression, skilled treatment is able to help you manage depression and lead a more fulfilling life. At The Counseling Center, we work with you to figure out the most suitable blend of proven therapies and medications to mitigate depression symptoms. Our aim is to help you gain a healthier perspective, without the damaging self-talk hindering what you wish to do.
When you get in touch with us about depression treatment, we arrange an assessment as quickly as we can. We never take a cookie-cutter approach to addressing mood disorders. Alternatively, we use your medical records and specific symptoms to diagnose your condition and prescribe the most suitable form of care for you. Then we adapt our practices to suit your distinct needs and make modifications after we see how you handle treatment.
Expert Depression Therapy
Depression can be short-lived or longer lasting. We provide both short- and long-duration depression treatment. Our trained therapists are experienced in many types of therapy, and we are able to find the most suitable approach for you. You may be recommended:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) to change patterns of thinking and behavior
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT) to find positive methods to cope with negative feelings
- Trauma-informed therapy to explore how traumatic events have influenced your depression
- Motivational interviewing to spark internal motivation for modifying negative practices
Our therapists will help you address the underlying causes of your depression and practice positive coping methods to manage symptoms. Conversing about your feelings with a professional can minimize those symptoms and make it easier to handle the challenges depression causes in your life.
Safe Depression Medical Treatment Through The Counseling Center
Often, therapy needs to be coupled with medication for the desired effect. If needed, our skilled medical team are able to prescribe appropriate antidepressants to further ease symptoms and increase your levels of serotonin. We’ll discuss what prescriptions you have tested and how they performed for you to find the right medication and dose.
We always put an emphasis on your well-being when recommending medications. We touch base with you often to make certain your medication is functioning as expected and make modifications if you encounter undesired side effects or need to try another option.
Why Come To Our Depression Treatment Center?
The Counseling Center believes each patient is entitled to top-quality care. At our depression treatment center, we strive to help you improve and learn to manage your depression so that it won’t prevent you from achieving what you want in life. To do this, we provide only the best care with
- Licensed, experienced clinicians and therapists
- Evidence-based therapy and medical care
- Custom-tailored treatment
- Various levels of mental health support
- Flexible scheduling, including telehealth appointments
- Most insurance policies welcomed
- Specialized treatment for co-occurring alcohol or drug disorders
- Understanding, respectful care
Get Help With Depression Therapy
You don't have to let depression dominate your life. Reach out to 866-850-5001 or fill out the contact form on this page, and we will answer immediately to help you. We’ll discuss what you’re going through and if our level of care is right for you. We are available 24-hours, all year long.