PTSD Treatment on the East Coast
Post-traumatic stress disorder, or PTSD, is able to disturb your life and make it hard to function. Luckily, specialized treatment can make a difference. If you’re set to work through traumatic past experiences and advance in your life, reach out to The Counseling Center at 866-850-5001 today. We deliver dignified, specialized PTSD treatment for adolescents, adults, and veterans in a protected environment.
What Is PTSD?
The mental health disorder referred to as Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder may arise if you experience or serve as a witness to a traumatic event or succession of events.
This can include military conflict, domestic abuse or violence, sexual assault, devastating accidents, natural catastrophes, harassment, or any other intense or continual occurrence that threatens your health. Anyone can be affected by PTSD at any point in their life.
PTSD can be crippling when symptoms disrupt living a regular, happy life. These symptoms may encompass
- Stressful feelings even when you are no longer in danger
- Intrusive thoughts and visions about the traumatic event
- Graphic flashbacks to the incident
- Repressing details of the past trauma
- Avoiding reminders of the event, such as locations or people involved
- Feelings of humiliation or self-reproach
- Ongoing suspicion and fear
- Poor concentration
- Easily agitated or startled
- Always being on guard and untrusting
- Trouble sleeping
- Irritability and anger
- Lack of interest in favorite activities
- Withdrawing from friends and family or feeling alone
- Careless or self-destructive behaviors
- Hopelessness or feeling emotionally numb
Most people endure these types of symptoms in the days and weeks following a traumatic event. Even so, PTSD might also manifest years following the event. Certain individuals may even suffer from PTSD by hearing that another individual -- such as a member of their family or a close friend -- had a life-altering incident. You may have PTSD if your symptoms endure for more than a month and inhibit you from performing as you typically would.
If you are battling PTSD, the empathetic clinicians at The Counseling Center’s PTSD treatment center want to help. Our skilled staff know what you’re going through and has experience helping people like you control PTSD. Contact us at 866-850-5001 today to arrange an assessment and find out how we are able to help you work through past traumatic events.
How Does The Counseling Center Treat PTSD?
Nothing can change the reality that you have endured a traumatic occurrence, but appropriate PTSD treatment can halt it from wrecking your life. The Counseling Center supplies therapy and medical treatment for PTSD as a facet of our comprehensive mental health services. We’ll proceed at at your preferred pace to help you recover from trauma and cope with the symptoms of PTSD so you are able to live a more joyful and productive life your past medical details and symptoms, we’ll design a custom-tailored plan of care with evidence-based therapy and medication to fit your unique needs for managing PTSD. Reach out to us at 866-850-5001 today to schedule an appointment and get started on your customized PTSD treatment.
Expert PTSD Therapy on the East Coast
Speaking about your past trauma and emotions with a trained therapist is essential for PTSD treatment. Our clinicians are aware of the forceful impact of trauma and we keep that in mind during discussions. In treatment, you’ll be able to modify unhealthy thought patterns, learn valuable coping techniques, and start to heal. Collectively, we can get you to a place where you’re not only surviving but growing in spite of past trauma.
The licensed therapists at The Counseling Center employ many kinds of PTSD therapy. We will suggest the types of therapy we deem will best meet your needs. These can include:
- Trauma-informed therapy that looks at how trauma has affected all aspects of your life
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) to identify thought patterns that are blocking the healing process
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT) to work on coping skills for handling the difficult emotions emerging from trauma
- Motivational interviewing to discover the internal motivation, so you can make the beneficial changes to advance healing and living a better life
Taking Medication For PTSD Symptoms
PTSD can result in many psychological and physical symptoms that make life hard. There are some symptoms that can be managed with the correct medications when coupled with PTSD therapy. Our qualified medical staff will work with you to figure out when medication is needed and find the suitable medicine for you. We’ll also carry out necessary modifications and are always available to answer questions to ensure your medicine remains effective and safe for you.
Why Go To Our PTSD Treatment Center?
There’s no need to struggle on your own with PTSD. The Counseling Center is here to help, and we supply the highest-quality care possible to help you meet your goals for handling your stressors and trauma. All that we provide at our PTSD treatment center puts an emphasis on you as the patient. That involves:
- Credentialed, skilled clinicians and therapists
- Proven techniques and prescription treatments for PTSD
- Care personalized for you
- Many levels of mental health care
- Centrally located
- Flexible schedules with telehealth appointment options
- Major insurance welcomed
- Advanced treatment for co-occurring alcohol or drug disorders
- Understanding, dignified care
Find Effective PTSD Treatment
If you have PTSD, you have a right to help. Contact us at 866-850-5001 or complete the following form, and we will reply promptly to enroll you in PTSD treatment. We always answer, regardless of the day or time. We are ready to help you today.